The message of the Bible is quite simple and beautiful. It is a message of hope and abundant life found in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to earth so we could understand God’s heart and love for us. Here is a simple outline of these truths from the Bible (and references to help you find them in the Bible).
1) God loves you and wants to give you peace, eternal life and abundant life.
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16 (NIV)
- “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ…” – Romans 5:1
But wait, what prevents us from knowing God and feeling close to Him?
2) You are sinful and separated from God.
- “…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” – Romans 3:23 (NIV)
Our sin separates us from God.
3) But here’s the GREAT NEWS: Jesus paid the penalty for your sin when He died on the cross and offers you a way back.
- “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 6:23 (NIV)
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
Jesus told the story of the Prodigal Son to make one point very clear: whatever you’ve done, and wherever you’ve been, God loves you and wants you to “come home.”
4) You must confess your sin and receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.
- “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9
- “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” – John 1:12
You can find complete forgiveness in Jesus. He promises us a fresh start and a brand-new life in Him. Receiving Christ involves turning to God from self (repentance) and trusting Christ to come into our lives to forgive us and make us who He wants us to be. We receive Jesus Christ by faith, as an act of our will.
- “If anyone is in Christ, he/she is a new creation. The old life has gone, the new life has come.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
Have you ever wondered if “true love” exists? Can there be anyone who understands our deepest hurt? Can our soul ever truly find peace and comfort? The answer for all the questions is Jesus. There is only One, the depths whose love cannot be measured, whose wisdom cannot be matched and whose mercy and grace are new every morning. With arms open wide he waits for you. Come just as you are and experience His love for you.
Don’t deny Him till you try Him.
5) How can I receive Jesus and His gift of eternal life in heaven?
You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer. (Prayer is talking with God.) God knows your heart and is not so concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart. The following is a suggested prayer: