Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Mathew 28:18-19
- Pray that God will work through the Alliance missionaries around the world.
- Pray for a specific missionary. Visit the missionary’s website to learn current needs.
- Pray for C&MA missions team and the Great Commission Fund.
- Sign up to get a missionary’s e-mail newsletter.
- Volunteer to uphold a missionary in intercessory prayer.
- “Adopt” a missionary. (more info)
- Be a “missionary” at home by sharing your faith with others.
- Join the LWAC missions committee.
- Consider a short-term missions trip.
- Consider becoming a missionary.
- Designate funds on your church envelope
- To a special missionary project.
- To the Alliance Great Commission Fund (GCF).
- To the “Shoe Box” ministry
Paul & Beverly Clark, Karen, Laura, Rebecca, & Benjamin
Address: 20 Laurel St. Apt. 2 Johnson City, NY 13790
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Adopt a Missionary
A family or a growth group may want to adopt a missionary family to:
Increase their awareness of missions
Expand their world Christian view
Be an encouragement to our missionaries
Provide a connection to everyday life in U.S.
Communicate with your missionary family on a regular basis, phone call, email, snail mail
Send cards for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays
Send small gifts to missionary kids (latest fad items)
Exchange photos, video tapes, etc.
Exchange prayer requests
Send a small package several times a year with things the family can not get on the mission field, i.e. salad dressing, instant gravy packs, ice tea mix, koolaide, Christian bookmarks, news articles, books, etc.
Send an international phone card
Ask questions about the ministry
Ask to be added to their newsletter mailing list or e-mail list
Exchange favorite recipes
Print pictures of your missionary, apply magnetic strips and attach to refrigerator as a reminder to pray
Consider hosting an information night for the missionary when they are on home leave
Notify the church office with important prayer requests that should be included in the church prayer list
Once or twice a year give an update report about your missionary to the entire church
When your missionary is in town, offer to help them by setting up contacts, arranging appointments or running errands.
Utilize your personal contacts to provide needed services. An accountant can do your missionary’s taxes; a hair stylist can provide a haircut; a travel agent can find good rates on airline tickets, etc.
Before you do too many of the above ideas, contact the missionary to make sure that someone else is not already doing the same thing.